Planning to Dig?
Planning to dig a garden, landscape, plant a large tree or install a fence, excavate a patio area or pool area, upgrade your driveway, repair your home's foundation, add a porch, deck or room to your home?
Call Before You Dig
Before you dig, please call Ontario One Call for free.
- To avoid coming into contact with our underground electrical power lines;
- Hitting a cable with a shovel or digger could cause severe injury, even death;
- To avoid unnecessary damage to buried lines;
- Homeowners or their contractors who cause damage are liable for the cost of repairs and could incur a costly lawsuit if adjacent property is damaged or someone is injured as a result;
- Under Ontario regulations, it's against the law to dig without having a Locate
To request an underground cable Locate:
- Call Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255 for free, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, or
- Submit an e-ticket at https://www.ontarioonecall.ca/
Please call at least five full business days before you plan to dig.
Ontario One Call will relay your locate request and information to us, as well as to other participating member utilities. In turn, NT Power Distribution Ltd. will provide you with a timely, free locate of our underground facilities so you can complete your project SAFELY.