Contractor/Business to Business Information
Service Upgrades Notice
Effective January 1, 2010, NT Power requires the installation of a 200 Amp Meter Base for all Underground supplied service upgrades up to 200A, panel changes, service entrance cable relocations, recessed meter base upgrades, or any condition that requires the customer's service to be disconnected. For overhead services up to 100A, a standard rectangular meter base is acceptable.
Clearances are established to ensure public and worker safety, prevent a power outage and/or allow space for operating, maintaining, and replacing the electricity distribution infrastructure. Please see below links for further information:
• Clearances to Overhead Electrical Infrastructure
• Clearances to Underground Electrical Infrastructure
• Tree Planting and Trimming Near Overhead Electrical Infrastructure
• Clearances for Swimming Pools
If you are a contractor and you need to contact a representative in our operations department, please email Click here to show mail address or contact us and we will respond to your inquiry during regular business hours – 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Have an Engineering Question?
Email our knowledgeable electrical engineering staff at Click here to show mail address They can help you with a range of inquiries including:
- Application for service
- Commercial service inquiries
- Relocation of NT Power infrastructure such as poles or guy wires