Underground Upcoming Construction Projects Town of Midland and Town of Newmarket
Newmarket -Tay Power Distribution Ltd. (“NT Power”) is committed to deliver reliable electricity safely to our customers. As part of our commitment to maintain reliable electricity, we have ongoing maintenance and capital project plans to replace infrastructure that is coming to the end of its useful life. NT Power plans to replace underground electric utility infrastructure in the areas identified below. These neighborhoods have experienced higher than normal power outages and were identified in our five-year capital plan for upgrading.
Town of Newmarket
- Quaker Hills (William Roe Blvd, Talbot Cres, Thoms Cres, Hodgson Dr, Sandford St, Towercrest Dr)
- Sandford St and Savage Road
In addition, and to facilitate the electrification of the provincial Metrolinx GO Expansion program, NT Power must relocate existing electricity distribution line across the railway tracks at Mulock Dr.
Metrolinx Driven Hydro Relocation Work
- Mulock Dr Railway Crossing
Town of Midland
- Dominion Ave, Margaret St, Playfair Rd, Montreal St
A contract has been awarded to Avertex Utility Solutions Inc. (“Avertex”) and Hapamp Elmvale Limited (“Hapamp”) to perform the work on NT Power’s behalf. Construction is scheduled to commence on Tuesday November 1, 2022 and is expected to be completed in 1-2 months, weather permitting. To complete this work in a safe manner, it has been identified a brief power interruption will be required. NT Power will provide advance notice to affected customers when the power outage times have been finalized.
NT Power will continue to post live updates on its website and social media to enable our customers to track changes to the scheduled outages. Click here:
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. For more information, please contact our Operations Department Monday-Friday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm at (905) 895-2309 x 2. Customers can also submit their questions online 24/7 on our website by clicking on the following link. Contact Us | NT Power
What can you expect?
- Due to the nature of the work, there will be construction-related noise and dust from the equipment and trucks, though every effort to minimize this will be made.
- Access to the roadway will be maintained.
- When the work is complete, the roadways will be fully restored.